COMING IN 2019....ONE COMBINED LOCATION
Our two present locations have served families since 1865 (Harrisburg Location) and 1937 (Steelton Location). These location have served us well over these many years, but in order to meet the changing needs of our families and to continue to provide you with the best possible service, a change was necessary.
We are excited to announce that on September 24, 2018, we purchased five acres of land in Swatara Township, adjacent to Churchville Cemetery and directly across the street from Dauphin Highlands Golf Course.
We will be constructing a new consolidated Funeral Home with many amenities that will enhance the services we provide. We are looking forward to serving you in the future at our new
SINGLE STORY | ON SITE CREMATORY | PARKING FOR OVER 135 VEHICLES | NO STEPS | EXPANDED PARLORS | MULTIMEDIA | PRIVATE FAMILY ROOM | MERCHANDISE SELECTION ROOM | PRIVATE ARRANGEMENTS CONFERENCE ROOM | CREMATION CENTER WITNESSING ROOM | GRIEF RESOURCE LIBRARY | CONVENIENT LOCATION
The newly constructed funeral home, will sit on adjacent to Churchville Cemetery Association and directly across from Dauphin Highlands Golf Course.
Above is a preliminary drawing. Some of the features include:
- One 9000+/- square foot, single story, state-of- the-art building
- On Site Crematory- your loved one will not leave our care
- Parking for over 135 Vehicles - lighted, private off-street parking.
- No Steps - fully ADA accessible, no steps, no ramps and numerous Handicapped Accessible Parking Spaces
- Expanded Parlors - we will have a larger parlor with improved flow of traffic and multi-person restroom facilities.
- Multimedia - Televisions and sound will be available throughout the funeral home.
- Private family gathering room - this room will be made available for immediate family members to be able to be together privately.
- Merchandise Selection Room - our selection room will feature many available funeral & memorial products for families to choose.
- Private Arrangements Conference Room which features a conference style table and seating to accommodate multiple family members.
- Grief resource library - a variety of resources to assist families to work through grief. Books, DVDs, brochures and websites will be included.
- Convenient Location - Easily accessible to Pennsylvania Turnpike, Interstate 283, 81 & 83
SEPTEMBER 24, 2019
PURCHASE FROM CHURCHVILLE CEMETERY
Today another step towards seeing the project come to be. It is official, we purchased 5 acres of land from Churchville Cemetery!
October 1, 2019
FUTURE HOME OF...
The official "future home of" sign is installed by the Don Fure Construction (general Contractors), Don Fure and Daniel Fure.
MARCH 27, 2019 - GROUNDBREAKING
Official Groundbreaking Ceremonies were held on March 27, 2019 at the site. Swatara Township Officials and others who were integral in helping to make the project possible were invited to the groundbreaking with a small reception after at Gilligans. The weather was perfect and it was a glorious day see this project which was worked on so diligently and for so long finally come to life. Stay tuned for progress photos.
JUNE 25, 2019
FOOTERS ARE POURED